Here’s a great recipe for how to make slow cooker turkey breast. Perfect for a holiday meal or regular weeknight when you need an easy and delicious dinner.
It’s that time of year where turkey is every where. The thing is…you can have turkey anytime of the year. This slow cooker turkey breast is so great because it’s perfect for a holiday meal or a weeknight when you’re in a hurry.
It doesn’t take long to make this crockpot turkey and sprinkle a few ingredients on top. It comes out moist and juicy!
Slow Cooker Turkey Breast
My kids love oranges, so we normally have these in the house. I thought I would throw them in with the turkey to give it a citrus flavor that goes well with turkey.
You can always grab a can of cranberry sauce from the grocery store anytime of year, but you can make this easy cranberry sauce showed in the picture.
Hint: I just found real cranberries at Aldi for $.50 a bag. I grabbed four and put them in the freezer so I can have some all year.
I’ve had a few slow cookers over the year and some have been expensive and fancy, while others plain and simple. I have to tell you, less expensive ones do the job just and works great. Here’s the one I have now and love it.
Ok- Enough of me talking. Here’s the recipe.
Ingredients for boneless turkey breast.
- Boneless turkey breast- sometimes you can find skin on turkey breasts or bone in turkey breasts and those are fine to use too.
- Water (or chicken broth)
- Red wine
- Ground pepper
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
How to make slow cooker turkey breast.
Add onion, orange, and peeled garlic, water and wine to slow cooker.
Combine pepper, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika in a small bowl and stir well. You can add salt and pepper to taste at this point, if you prefer. Rub over turkey breast.
Place turkey on top of oranges and onion. Lay rosemary sprig on top of turkey.
Cover and cook the turkey on low for 5-7 hours.
Here are some delicious recipes to go with this turkey breast.
- Brussel sprouts with cranberries
- Butternut squash Mac & cheese
- Oven roasted potatoes
- Your family favorite- mashed potatoes!
Slow Cooker Turkey Breast
- 1 3 lb boneless turkey breast
- 1 onion halved
- 1/2 head garlic peeled
- 1 orange quartered
- 1 6" sprig rosemary
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Add onion, orange, and peeled garlic, water and wine to slow cooker.
- Combine pepper, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika to small bowl and stir well. Rub over turkey breast.
- Place turkey on top of oranges and onion. Lay rosemary sprig on top of turkey.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours.