Who doesn’t need a quick meal in their recipe book? This super easy slow cooker pork salsa verde is a winner. It will be perfect for dinner tonight.
Pork salsa verde is one of my family’s favorite meals. We have this a couple of times a month. It’s so easy and I usually have the ingredients on hand for this dinner so I don’t have to worry about going out and buying anything special for this meal when I don’t have anything else to make.
We are a Mexican-loving family. We love all these flavors and make all kinds of tacos, fajitas, and nachos.
My kids complain a lot about how the meat I make is too tough and everything is chewy. I don’t get it, but they NEVER say it about this meal. The meat is tender and they eat a bunch. With two teenagers in the house, I try and get them to eat as much protein as I can to help keep them full.
Easy Slow Cooker Pork Salsa Verde
This is great because you can serve over rice or add to a tortilla or BOTH!. This makes a great burrito bowl-type recipe. It’s gluten-free and dairy-free (just leave out the sour cream and cheese).
One more thing…the Spanish word for green is verde. Pork salsa verde and pork chile verde are the same thing. I call it salsa verde because I use the green salsa in it.
Slow Cooker Meals
Have you seen that TikTok or Instagram reel where the teenager walks in and sees the crock pot sitting on the counter and walks off shaking his head? My teenage son showed it to me and I was cracking up. There are only a few slow cooker meals they like (this is one) and they normally react the same way when they see it sitting out. I’ve listed a few at the bottom of this post they WILL eat.
I love cooking out of my slow cooker. It’s really convenient when you are running to practices and helping kids with homework or you just don’t want to make a big deal about dinner. This easy pork recipe has only four ingredients! Who doesn’t love that?
Ingredients for Salsa Verde Pork
- Pork– A pork loin roast tastes great with this, but I have used boneless pork chops and pork butt AND pork shoulder too.
- Onion– Quarter it and just throw it in.
- Green Bell Pepper– sliced or chopped
- Salsa Verde– This is the green salsa I usually buy because it’s the cheapest at my regular grocery store. It’s the Herdez brand.
How to make slow cooker salsa verde recipe.
You are going to love how short this prep time is.
Set to low and place pork in slow cooker (or crock pot).
Add the onion, pepper and salsa on top. Cooking time runs about 6 hours. Shred the pork (pulled pork) before serving.
Serve with rice, black beans, flour tortillas, sour cream, green onions, shredded cheese, avocado and cilantro. (all optional)
You can follow my slow cooker recipe Pinterest board here. I try to add recipes when I see a good one.
More slow cooker dinners for you to try.
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Hamburger Tomato Soup
- Chicken and Dumplings
- Pork and Apples– One of the most popular on my site and another pork recipe.
Make sure to click over and save a couple of those too. It will come in handy when you have a busy weeknight!
Slow Cooker Pork Salsa Verde
- 1 onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 lb boneless pork loin roast
- 16 oz jar green salsa
- sour cream
- grated cheese
- Set slow cooker to low and add the pork roast.
- Quarter the onion and slice pepper and pu on top of roast.
- Pour green salsa on top.
- Cook 6-8 hours or until pork falls apart.
- About 30 minutes before it’s done, start the rice. You will also need to shred the pork now too. This should be very easy because it should just fall apart using 2 forks.
- After you get the rice started, prepare your items to top the salsa verde. Simply shred the cheese and slice the avocado.
That’s it! This is so easy to make and delicious. My kids don’t eat the rice. We just roll up the meat, peppers, and toppings in a tortilla and they love it. Hope you enjoy.