Tasty Slow Cooker Pork Salsa Verde for an easy week night dinner
Who doesn’t need a quick meal in their recipe book? This super easy slow cooker pork salsa verde is a winner. It will be perfect for dinner tonight.
Pork salsa verde is one of my family’s favorite meals. We have this a couple of times a month. It’s so easy and I usually have the ingredients on hand so I don’t have to worry about going out and buying anything special for this meal.
I love cooking out of my slow cooker. It’s really convenient when you are running to practices and helping kids with homework or you just don’t want to make a big deal about dinner. This recipe has only four ingredients! Who doesn’t love that?
Easy Slow Cooker Pork Salsa Verde
We are a Mexican loving family. We love all these flavors and make all kinds of tacos, fajitas, and nachos.
This is great because you can serve over rice or add to a tortilla or BOTH!. This makes a great burrito bowl type recipe. It’s gluten free and dairy free (just leave out the sour cream and cheese).
Ingredients for Salsa Verde Pork
- Pork– A pork loin roast tastes great with this, but I have used boneless pork chops and pork butt too.
- Onion– Quarter it and just throw it in.
- Green Bell Pepper– sliced or chopped
- Salsa Verde– This is the green salsa I usually buy because it’s the cheapest at my regular grocery store.
How to make slow cooker salsa verde.
You are going to love how easy this recipe is!
Set to low and place pork in slow cooker (or crock pot).
Add the onion, pepper and salsa on top. Cooking time runs about 6 hours. Shred the pork (pulled pork) before serving.
Serve with rice, black beans, tortillas, sour cream, green onions, shredded cheese, avocado and cilantro. (all optional)
More slow cooker dinners for you to try.
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Hamburger Tomato Soup
- Chicken and Dumplings
- Pork and Apples– One of the most popular on my site and another pork recipe.
Make sure to click over and save a couple of those too. It will come in handy when you have a busy weeknight!
You can follow my slow cooker recipe Pinterest board here. I try to add recipes when I see a good one.
Slow Cooker Pork Salsa Verde
- 1 onion
- 1 green pepper
- 2 lb boneless pork loin roast
- 16 oz jar green salsa
- sour cream
- grated cheese
- Set slow cooker to low and add the pork roast.
- Quarter the onion and slice pepper and pu on top of roast.
- Pour green salsa on top.
- Cook 6-8 hours or until pork falls apart.
- About 30 minutes before it’s done, start the rice. You will also need to shred the pork now too. This should be very easy because it should just fall apart using 2 forks.
- After you get the rice started, prepare your items to top the salsa verde. Simply shred the cheese and slice the avocado.
That’s it! This is so easy to make and delicious. My kids don’t eat the rice. We just roll up the meat, peppers, and toppings in a tortilla and they love it. Hope you enjoy.