This delicious homemade chicken noodle soup is exactly what you’re looking for. It’s simple, easy and can be made right in your crockpot.
Update: I wrote this several years ago, but I’m republishing this chicken soup recipe because it’s the perfect time of year to make it!
This is the perfect time of year for the EASY slow cooker chicken noodle soup. I live in North Carolina and it has been unusually cold lately. I feel like a hermit. I haven’t been outside in the longest time. It’s suppose to snow tonight, but in 4 days the forecast says 64F! WooHoo!!
Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
My family has been passing around a small cold since before Christmas, so when I came down with the sniffles I knew what I was making for dinner. The last thing I want to do when I feel bad is cook and that’s why this soup is great.
You can chop up a few veggies and throw them into the crock pot and you’ll have dinner. This is the best comfort food when you are feeling down or it’s cold out! Slow cooker chicken soup is the easiest.
Can I use frozen chicken to make homemade chicken soup?
The answer is YES! You can add raw chicken straight ito the slow cooker for this recipe. You are cooking your soup for a long time and your chicken will be nice and tender.
Can I freeze chicken noodle soup?
The answer again is YES! I love these containers to save soup in and you can get them on Amazon. I love putting extra soup in the freezer and pulling it out for lunch on a cold day.
Ok- I hate when I am looking at a recipe and I have to scroll through a bunch of text that I don’t even want to read. I just want the recipe! Here you go!
Ingredients for Chicken Noodle Soup
- Boneless and skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite sized pieces- You can also use skinless chicken breasts if that’s what you have.
- Chicken broth or chicken stock.- You can do low sodium chicken broth if your watching your salt intake too.
- Diced tomatoes
- Rotini noodles. Egg noodles will work too. I’m allergic to eggs so I use rotini.
How to make crock pot chicken noodle soup
Add noodles right before serving and cook an additional 10-12 minutes or until noodles are done.
Add chicken, carrots, onion, celery, tomatoes, and chicken broth to crockpot.
Cook for 6-7 hours.
You can always add in more chicken broth to make it more soupy or stretch it out so you can have leftovers for lunch the next day.
More slow cooker recipes you’ll like
I don’t know about you, but I have two teenage boys and when they see the crockpot out, they get angry. These are recipes they love and will eat so you need to add them to your menu. If they eat it, it’s a winner.
- Chicken & Dumplings
- Slow Cooker Pork and Apples– My most popular and it’s so good!!
- Salsa Verde– This is my very favorite and I make it about once a week.
EASY Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 lb boneless and skinless chicken thighs cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 carrots chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 15 oz diced tomatoes
- 1 cup rotini noodles
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Add chicken, carrots, onion, celery, tomatoes, and chicken broth to crockpot.
- Cook for 6-7 hours.
- Add noodles right before serving and cook an additional 10-12 minutes or until noodles are done.