Slow cooker pork roast with apples is the best meal for busy families. Serve with sweet potatoes and it’s just about perfect.
It’s apple season, and boy, we have a lot of them. My daughter had a field trip apple picking and I was a chaperone. Now we have 2 bags of apples and I’ve been trying to come up with some recipes to use some of them up. I made this crock pot pork and apples and it was a hit!
Slow Cooker Pork Roast with Apples
I’m always using my slow cooker. I just bought a new one because my other one went kaput.
The black bowl had a huge crack down the bottom and was leaking liquid all over the place. It felt so good to open the box and see that nice clean bowl! Isn’t it funny how the little things make us happy!
Anyway…I’ve been trying to use my crockpot more since school started. I have kids in soccer, lacrosse, football, and baseball. We also have faith formation and guitar lessons in there too! I barely have enough time to cook.
Sometimes I start dinner when the kids leave for school because that’s the only time I have to cook anything. When we get home at night, we just heat it back up. Slow cooker meals can be hit or miss with my kids. They love this recipe!
They tend to think beef is dry so I’ve been sticking with pork and chicken. Hopefully I can get time to throw some new recipes up here and share them with you.
Tools to make pork roast in slow cooker with apples
I went to a Pampered Chef party years and years ago and didn’t want to spend a lot of money so I ended up purchasing this exact apple corer and slicer. I thought it as a silly purchase at the time, but I LOVE it and use it probably 5 times a week. If you don’t have one, get it!
Here’s a basic Crock Pot Slow Cooker. It’s the one I have and it’s inexpensive and does the job well.
Ingredients to make crock pot pork roast and apples.
The GREAT thing about this recipe is that it has only 4 ingredients!
- Pork loin– A 2 lb roast works perfectly.
- Brown sugar– You don’t need a lot of sugar in this recipe, but just enough to sweeten the apples.
- Granny Smith apples– These are the green apples you find in the store. This type of apple is good for cooking because it hold’s it shape well. You can peel these apples for this recipe of keep it on. I keep the peel on because I usually don’t want to spend the extra time peeling them.
- Cinnamon– This is the best part of this recipe! It gives it that fall flavor you’re looking for.
How to make slow cooker pork tenderloin and apples.
Step 1- Add the roast.
Place your boneless pork loin in the slow cooker. You can sprinkle the pork loin roast with salt and pepper if you’d like, but it’s not necessary.
Add the apple slices on top of your pork tenderloin.
Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.
The cook time on this is 6 hours on low or until done.
Instant Pot Instructions
Don’t worry if you forgot to start dinner in your slow cooker, you can make it in your Instant Pot. Place the ingredients in the same way and set the timer to 20 minutes. Do a quick release and you’re done.
Here are more slow cooker recipes you will enjoy.
- Slow Cooker Salsa Verde– This one is a family favorite. We make this a couple of times a month.
- Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
- Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
- Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings
Doesn’t it look delicious? Pair it with sweet potato fries, a baked sweet potato or even mashed potatoes for a great fall meal.
Slow Cooker Pork Roast with Apples
- Slow Cooker
- 2-2.5 lb pork loin
- 3 granny smith apples sliced
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4-6 Tablespoons brown sugar
- Lay pork roast in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Slice up apples and lay them across the top. You can also add slits and stick them down in the roast.
- Sprinkle cinamon and brown sugar on top.
- Cook for 6 hours on low or until done.