This Italian beef casserole is easy to make and perfect for a weeknight dinner. You probably have all the ingredients in your pantry already.
We are so busy at my house right now. We have school going on and then lots of sports after so I’m always running around at dinner time, dropping off and taking. I never know who’s going to be home for dinner so I love having casseroles because I can make them ahead of time and they taste good reheated.
I have kids eating at 4:30 and then some eating at 8:30. It’s hard to reheat tenderloins, chicken and pork chops, but casseroles stay moist and the flavors can taste better the longer they sit.
Italian Beef Casserole
This casserole is great because you probably have all the ingredients in your pantry already. I hate scrambling trying to find something to make for dinner and then I find something that looks good and it has weird ingredients that I would never buy.
I make a lot of ground beef recipes. They are usually simple and everyone in my family likes them. Most have flavors that are considered comfort foods and are perfect for warm and cold weather.
A side salad and cheesy garlic bread go great with these. l have the best garlic cheese pull-apart bread and everyone loves it. You can grab that recipe using the link above.
Kitchen Tools for Casserole
Rectangle Baking Dish– I have this baking dish I received as a Christmas gift and I love it. It’s heavy and easy to clean.
Wooden Spoons– You can never have too many wooden spoons. I have an entire drawer full and use one almost every day.
Cheese grater– I love this box grater because there are several different blades you can use so it’s perfect for all kinds of recipes.
Ingredients for Italian Casserole
- Macaroni noodles
- Ground beef- I used 85/15 ground beef. You can use ground turkey if you prefer.
- Garlic- You can use fresh garlic and mince it up yourself or buy the minced garlic in the jar. I normally use the jarred garlic to save time when cooking.
- Tomato sauce
- Diced tomatoes- You want to use the juice in this recipe so don’t drain the tomatoes.
- Italian seasoning
- Cheddar cheese- You can use mild or sharp cheddar cheese. I normally buy mild so that’s what I used. You can even substitute mozzarella cheese in the recipe.
How to cook this easy Italian ground beef casserole
Preheat the oven 350F and cook macaroni pasta noodles according to package instructions.
Cook diced onion, minced garlic and ground beef in a skillet over medium-high heat until meat is no longer pink.
Drain noodles and place them back into the pot. Add cooked beef mixture to the pot along with tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, Italian season and 1 1/2 cups of cheese. Stir with a wooden spoon.
Add mixture to 9″ X 13″ baking dish and top with remaining cheese.
Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cheese has melted.
Other recipes you are going to love
- Slow Cooker Salsa Verde
- Eggless Meatballs– This is my most popular recipe that’s not a dessert. They are very flavorful and don’t take long to make.
- Pork and Apples in Crockpot– This is my most popular fall and winter recipe!
- Grilled London Broil Marinade
Reminder: It would be GREAT if you could leave any feedback in the comment section and give me a 5 star rating. I love it when people rate my recipes for other readers to help when they are looking for something new to make.
Italian Beef Casserole
- 16 oz macaroni noodles
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 16 oz tomato sauce
- 15 oz diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat the oven 350F.
- Cook macaroni noodles according to package instructions.
- Cook diced onion, minced garlic and ground beef in a skillet over medium-high heat until meat is no longer pink.
- Drain noodles and place them back into the pot. Add cooked meat to the pot along with tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, Italian season and 1 1/2 cups of cheese. Stir with a wooden spoon.
- Add to 9" X 13" baking dish and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cheese has melted.