You’ll want to add this easy pull apart cheesy bread recipe to your menu. It’s a perfect side to go with soup, salad and pasta for those busy weeknights.
Thank you Idahoan® Steakhouse® Soups for sponsoring this post. Enjoy the flavorful, slow-cooked taste of restaurant-quality soup at home, in minutes.
How is everyone enjoying their winter? I feel like it’s been cold, dreary, and rainy the entire month here in North Carolina. Usually January is one of our quiet months, but this January we have been really busy. All three of my kids are playing basketball so it has us running in three different directions with practice and/or games almost every night.
I usually make a menu every week so we aren’t having to run out to fast food. I look at my calendar and see what’s going on and see how much time I have to make food every night. Sometimes I make two meals on slow nights because I know we’ll be busy the next night, something in the slow cooker and assembling a casserole dish isn’t that unusual for my house.
Easy Recipe for Cheesy Bread
I was just going to make a regular garlic bread recipe tonight because we love garlic bread with soup and who doesn’t like cheesy bread so we just combined the two to make cheesy garlic bread. My kids can even make it for me. I do the cutting and my daughter, who’s eight, does all the stuffing.
It’s hard to mess this up! This has always been a favorite for winter potlucks. I can prepare ahead of time and take it to where I’m going and throw it in the oven right before we eat. It’s also a great appetizer. The last time we had this at a friend’s house the kids kept running by and grabbing a piece. They loved it and it was gone in just a few minutes.
We made it with Idahoan Steakhouse Loaded Potato Soup. This is one of our favorite meals and I can have this on the table in under 30 minutes.
I like to keep some easy meals on hand for when we have these busy nights. I usually have a few like spaghetti, chicken tenders, and soups on standby and always in my pantry. January is National Soup Month and we’ve been having loads of soup this January. It’s so good on these cold nights and I love it for leftovers the next day.
One of our favorites is Idahoan® Steakhouse® Soups. These are super easy to make, creamy and hearty, perfect for winter, fills you up and all you have to do is add water. You can get these Idahoan Steakhouse Soups in several different flavors, like Loaded Potato, Creamy Potato, Cheddar Broccoli, and Cheddar Potato.
Kitchen tools needed to make Cheesy Garlic Bread
Baking Sheet– These baking sheets are my very favorite. I got them for a wedding gift over 20 years ago and they’re still going strong. They are big and can hold a big loaf of bread. It will usually hold 16 cookies when baking.
Bread Knife– Having a good bread knife makes cutting so much faster and the cuts smoother.
Box Grater– If you are shredding your own cheese, then you need a good box grater. It makes this task so much easier. We use ours all the time and it’s perfect for when you have a kid helper.
Ingredients to make EASY Cheesy Pull Apart Bread Recipe
- French bread– I purchased a French bread loaf from the bakery section of my regular grocery store.
- Butter– I use salted butter for this recipe because that’s what I normally buy, but you can use unsalted too.
- Garlic– You can use fresh garlic cloves or the garlic that already comes minced in a jar. I use the jarred garlic to save time. I don’t recommend using garlic powder, but if it’s all you have then it will do fine. I like the way the minced garlic tastes better.
- Mozzarella and cheddar cheese – You can shred your own cheese or buy pre-shredded cheese. Kraft brand has some shredded cheese that contains cream cheese to make the cheese extra melty. I used that in this recipe.
- Italian seasonings– I used a seasoning that was premixed that just said Italian seasoning. If you don’t have that, you can use basil, thyme, rosemary and oregano.
How to make Easy Garlic, Herb and Cheese Pull Apart Bread
Make 3 long cuts on the bread lengthwise. Turn bread and make sliced about 1 inch apart widthwise until all the bread is cubed and place the loaf on the baking sheet. Do not slice all the way through. You are just making slits. You can use aluminum foil on your baking sheet for easier cleanup.
Slice butter into thin pieces and insert into cuts. Do not melt the butter. Add garlic and Italian seasoning. Make sure to spread out all seasonings down in the little cracks.
Stuff ALL shredded mozzerella cheese and cheddar cheese into slits.
Bake until the cheese is melted, about 15 minutes.
While the bread is cooking, just heat the soup on the stove and enjoy this delicious meal. Make sure to keep some in your pantry so you’ll have it ready when you need a quick meal.
More easy recipes you may enjoy.
Here are some great recipes that go great with cheesy bread.
- Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
- Split Pea Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
- Homemade Meatballs– This recipe is a family favorite. I always make a double batch. They are very flavorful and perfect for meatball subs for an easy dinner.
Garlic and Herb Pull Apart Cheesy Bread
- one loaf french bread around 12 oz
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheddar shredded cheese I used the kind with cream cheese.
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasonings
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Make 3 long cuts on the bread lengthwise. Turn bread and make sliced about 1 inch apart widthwise until all the bread is cubed and place on a baking sheet.
- Slice butter into thin pieces and insert into cuts. Add garlic and Italian seasoning. Make sure to spread out all seasonings down in the little cracks.
- Stuff ALL shredded cheese into slits.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.