Easy Apple Pie Pizza for an Autumn Dessert
This EASY apple pie pizza is a great fall dessert. It’s the perfect crowd pleaser that makes enough for ten people. It won’t last long!
This is especially for all you eggless dessert followers. I haven’t been cooking much this summer, but with fall coming quickly, I thought it was time to put something new up. It’s definitely been hard to get motivated these last 6 months.
My youngest two children are doing virtual school, but my oldest (a sophomore) is going to school every day. It was his first day back, so I thought I would take advantage of that and try and type this up.
My family loves this dessert. It’s easy to make and doesn’t everyone love pizza pie? Don’t forget a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Oh- If your kids like that dessert pizza from CiCis pizza, they love this!
Apple Pie Pizza Recipe
If you aren’t a regular reader of my site, then I’ll tell you a little bit about myself and my most popular recipes. I’ve been allergic to eggs my entire life so that meant no homemade cakes and cookies.
Many eggless recipes have weird ingredients that would sit in my cabinet and I’d never use them again. They would end up in the trash after I realized they were expired. I started experimenting with recipes and realized I could make my own recipes with ingredients I would normally find in my pantry.
The best part of my popular dessert recipes is that people, with or without allergies love them. My chocolate chip recipe is the BEST!
If you’re interested in more eggless recipes, you can go to the two places below.
Ingredients to make apple pie pizza.
- Fuji apples– Fuji apples hold their shape well when baked. Granny Smith also work well and are sometimes easy to find.
- Refrigerated prepared pizza dough– I find this at my local market in the deli section. If you make your own dough, you can use your own recipe.
- Butter– I normally always use salted butter.
- Apple juice
- Brown sugar
- Corn starch
- Cream cheese– This needs to be room temperature.
- Powdered sugar
How to make this apple dessert pizza.
Add the butter and the apples to pan set on medium heat. Cook until the apples are tender.
Mix apple juice, corn starch, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in separate bowl and stir until well combined.
Add apple juice mixture to apples and stir until sauce thickens. You’re basically making an apple pie filling here.
Stretch out pizza dough on pizza pan or baking sheet and top with apple mixture.
Cook for 20 minutes or until the pizza crust is golden brown. Let cool.
To make cinnamon icing
Use a hand mixer to combine cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and cinnamon until smooth. I’ve had this hand mixer for almost 18 years. I received it as a wedding gift and it’s still going strong.
Add icing to baggie, cut off the corner and pipe it onto a cooled, but still warm, pizza in any design you want! Be creative.
More desserts you’ll love.
Apple Pie Pizza
- 5 fuji apples peeled and diced
- 1 Refrigerated prepared pizza dough
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Add butter and apples to pan set on medium heat. Cook until apples are soft.
- Mix apple juice, corn starch, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in separate bowl and stir until well combined.
- Add apple juice mixture to apples and stir until sauce thickens.
- Stretch out pizza dough on baking stone and top with apple mixture.
- Cook for 20 minutes and let cool.
- Use a hand mixer to combine cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and cinnamon until smooth.
- Add icing to baggie, cut off corner and pipe onto cooled pizza.