EASY Sugared Cranberries for the Holidays
These EASY sugared cranberries are the perfect treat for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Make ahead of time and pull them out to snack on!
These are the best holiday treat EVER! If you have never made these, then you are definitely missing out. My family just doesn’t like these EASY sugared cranberries, they LOVE them! They’re perfect for the holiday season.
The sugar dries and makes a hard sugar coat on the outside and when you bite into them you get a little pop of juice and it so good! My son says, “It’s so satisfying!”. He gets mad when he bites down and the cranberry has already popped!
Scroll down to get the instructions to make candied cranberries.
EASY Sugared Cranberries
I literally see these in the refrigerator and I can’t help but snack on them.
I don’t know about you, but I always have a bag or two of cranberries in my freezer. If I think about it, I stock up on the fresh when they have sales during the holidays. If I miss it, then I can find frozen ones at the grocery store. I had to call around, but they had it at Harris Teeter here in North Carolina.
Ingredients for sugared cranberries.
- Granulated sugar– I’ve never tried this recipe with cane sugar. Since those granules are bigger, they may not dry properly onto the cranberry.
- Cranberries– Fresh cranberries work the best.
How to make sugared cranberries.
Add sugar and water to pot and heat on medium until it begins to simmer. Add cranberries.
Cover pot and put in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
Use a slotted spoon to remove cranberries from pot and roll in remaining sugar. Make sure to coat cranberries completely.
Place the sugar coated cranberries on a baking sheet and refrigerated for another two hours, until the cranberries dry and the sugar has hardened.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
You can use the left over sugar water for simple syrup for your cocktails.
More cranberry recipes
- Cranberry Sangria
- Sparkling Cranberry Shots
- Baked Cranberry Crisp
- Easy Cranberry Sauce
- Pork with Cranberry and Apples Salad
Easy Sugared Cranberries
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cup sugar divided
- 2 cups cranberries
- Add water and 1 cup sugar to pot and heat on medium until it begins to simmer. Take off heat.
- Add 2 cups cranberries to pot and stir.
- Cover and let sit in refrigerator for 2 hours (or more).
- Place 1/2 cup sugar in bowl.
- Get a few cranberries from syrup using slotted spoon. Drain liquid and add cranberries to sugar. Coat well.
- Place on baking sheet and back in refrigerator for 2 hours or until ready to serve.