18 things you can do while sitting at sports practice
I’m sitting here at my daughters soccer practice and thinking of all the things I need to be doing at home. I have practices for my 3 kids at least 4 days a week along with weekend games. It feels like I’m always out of the house in the evenings. I enjoy watching them play and getting to know all the other team members, but after a few weeks I feel I can watch 30 minutes of practice and still have time to get some things done that I want and/or need to do. Here are 18 things you can do while sitting at sports practice.
- Make your menu
- Make a grocery list
- Clean out your car- I do this at least once a week.
- Read- I have been doing a ton of reading lately, 10 books this year!
- Go for a walk- There are is a group of moms that walk at my sons baseball practice. It’s a great way to get in those 10,000 steps!
- Clean out your email- This is something I do NOT like to do, but it has to be done.
- Write a letter to someone you haven’t seen in awhile
- Paint your nails
- Balance the checkbook
- Pay bills
- Help your other kids with homework
- Delete old pictures on your phone- I get so many pictures from my kids playing with it and they take up so much space.
- Play with your dog
- PINTEREST!- I wouldn’t call this productive, but you can at least find some good dinner recipes while making your menu. (See #1) 🙂
- Knit or crochet or learn how- This is a great time to get your Christmas crafts started!
- Actually call someone- I call my mom a lot during these times just to catch up and I don’t get interrupted.
- Clean out your purse/wallet
- SHOP!- Yes, you can save even more time by buying online.
Now after watching what’s going on at practice for a little bit and saying hi to all the other parents I can get a lot of stuff accomplished so I can spend more time with my family.