The BEST Eggless Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
Who’s craving peanut butter? This eggless peanut butter cookie recipe is so easy and delicious. Make sure to bookmark it so you can make them again and again.
My kids are doing online school right now so I have a chance to sit down and do a little work on a new eggless recipe! I’ve been working on this awhile, but just haven’t gotten the chance to type it up!
We’ve been trying to stay busy since we are stuck in the house during the quarantine and that means a lot of baking and cooking. I can tell you right now that I’m tired of cooking breakfast, lunch and dinner. However, I can bake all day long, especially if it’s egg free and who doesn’t love homemade peanut butter cookies with a glass of milk!
Eggless Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
If you’re new to my site, then you may not know much about me. I’m allergic to eggs and have been my whole life. Also, I don’t like to make desserts that I can’t eat.
I shared a few recipes on my site and people loved them and started to get tons of requests. I’m not a a trained chef, just a mom, but I got more comfortable in the kitchen as I tried to create more recipes.
Now, my eggless recipes are the most popular on my site and I try to do them more and more.
These simple no egg peanut butter cookies don’t take much time and only bake for a few minutes.
Eggless Recipe Resources
I started a Facebook page called Egg Free Desserts. I share my recipes and others that I find. If you have a request or want to ask a question, that’s the easiest way to get in touch with me.
If you are more of a Pinterest person (like me), I’ve created an Eggless Dessert board where I share recipes I find. I like Pinterest more, so I share more recipes here than Facebook. It requires less work and it’s easier to go back and look at them all! 😉
Ingredients to make peanut butter cookies recipe
- butter- room temperature
- sugar- plus a little extra to roll the dough in
- brown sugar
- peanut butter
- vanilla- You can learn to make your own here.
- baking powder
- baking soda
How to make peanut butter cookies
Make sure to preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, sugar, brown sugar and peanut butter. Add applesauce and vanilla and mix using an electric mixer.
In a separate bowl, add the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Slowly add the flour mixture to the sugar bowl and coninue to mix until combined.
Roll the cookie dough into 1 inch balls, then roll in extra sugar. Lay on your cookie sheet You can use parchment paper if you prefer. Make a criss cross mark on the top using a fork.
Bake and move to a cooling rack.
Tips for making these peanut butter cookies.
The shape of these cookies do not change much once you put into the oven. They only spread out a little. The size you put them in is pretty much the size they will come out.
More eggless dessert recipes that are soooo GOOD!
- Chocolate Chip Cookies– This is the most popular on my site.
- Oatmeal Cookies– This cookie recipe is coming on strong lately and is 2nd most popular on my site.
- Vanilla Cupcakes
- Eggless Chocolate Cupcakes
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes
Eggless Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar plus a little extra to roll the dough in
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, sugar, brown sugar and peanut butter. Add applesauce and vanilla and mix.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Slowly add the flour mixture to the sugar bowl and coninue to mix until combined.
- Roll the dough into 1-inch balls. Roll the balls in the extra sugar until completely covered before placing on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Press gently, using a fork, a criss cross shape.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool for a few minutes, then move to a cooling rack.