This eggless chocolate cupcake recipe is wonderful! They’re perfect for any special occasion or when you just need a sweet treat.
We are cupcake lovers at my house and it’s one of our favorite treats. These eggless chocolate cupcakes are pefect for me because I have an egg allergy. Even nonallergic people love them!
These are super moist, which can be an issue with eggless recipes and the taste is a nice, smooth chocolately taste.
Many egg free recipes have white vinegar or lemon juice, but this recipe has neither. I added buttermilk to help hold it together.
Eggless Chocolate Cupcakes
Here are a few things that I use to make these cupcakes that I can’t live without.
- Silicone cupcake liners– My kids love these and you can just throw them in the dishwasher. This is a 12 pack so make sure to purchase two! They are a necessity for eggless recipes.
- Mixing Bowl– Stainless steel mixing bowls are my very favorite.
- Cooling racks– These are my very favorite and the main reason is because they don’t take up a lot of space in my cabinet and they’re perfect to place your cupcakes so they’ll reach room temperature.
- KitchenAid hand mixer– I received this as a gift for my wedding over 18 years ago and it’s still going strong. It’s definitely worth the few extra dollars.
- Calphalon Muffin Tin– I also got this for a wedding gift and still makes perfect cupcakes and muffins.
Ingredients for chocolate cupcakes recipe
- All purpose flour
- Unsweetened cocoa powder- I normally buy Hershey’s brand.
- Vanilla extract- Here’s how to make your own. It’s SUPER easy!
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
How to make chocolate cupcake recipe without eggs
Preheat oven to 350° F. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add in buttermilk and vanilla and mix well.
In a separate bowl, combine your dry ingredients- flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add mixture to the wet ingredients and combine thoroughly.
Place cupcake liners in muffin pan and fill 1/2 full.
Bake for 20-22 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
Eggless Cupcake Tip #1
This recipe calls for the cupcake liner to be filled half way. I know it doesn’t look like a lot when you you are adding the batter, but it will rise!
Eggless Cupcake Tip #2
The batter for these cupcakes will be thick, like pancake batter. An ice cream scoop is perfect for this!
Eggless Cupcake Tip #3
These cupcakes are done with a toothpick is inserted in the center and it comes out clean. Make sure to check before you turn off the oven.
Eggless Cupcake Tip #4
Let them cool COMPLETELY before putting the frosting on. I know sometimes things get rushed, but they’ll look the best if you wait until they are completely cooled.
The last thing these cupcakes need is frosting! I have both a vanilla and chocolate buttercream frosting that’s so easy to make and perfect for these. Click on the image below of the one you want. Powdered sugar is the main ingredient!
Make sure these cupcakes cool completely before adding frosting.
Find more eggless recipes
I was saving a bunch of eggless recipes on my personal Pinterest board for my own use. I never realized that my readers would want to see them too.
As my eggless recipes became more popular, I decided to start an eggless dessert board on my blog Pinterest page. I have over 1000 recipes saved on there now. It’s so nice to be able to browse through the board and know you can eat everything in it!
You’ll never complain there are no desserts without eggs because I have a ton saved there and adding more everyday. You can find find that Pinterest board here.
It’s already grown to over 1000 followers. Who knew there were so many people interested in eggless desserts?
Here are some of my other eggless recipes.
- Eggless Vanilla Cupcakes
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes
- Turtle Poke Cake
- Banana Bread
- Oatmeal Cookies
- Eggless Chocolate Cake– This is my favorite chocolate cake recipe!
Eggless Chocolate Cupcakes
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add in buttermilk and vanilla and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add mixture to the creamed butter and combine thoroughly.
- Place cupcake liners in muffin pan and fill 1/2 full.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted.