This is the perfect summer salad to go with your pork dinner. You’ll want to try this grilled pineapple salad with strawberries!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #Great4Grilling #CollectiveBias
If you are a regular reader of my blog then you know I’ve been loving these cold salad recipes during the hot weather! This one is really easy to make because you can grill your pork and pineapple at the same time and don’t have to heat up the house with turning the oven on.
It’s sweet and juicy and it’s great for a hot summer night. I use the grill a lot, probably 3-4 nights a week in the summer. We love to sit outside and eat and enjoy outside after our patio is shaded and the temperature has cooled. 🙂
Grilled Pineapple Salad Recipe with Strawberries
I threw the pineapple on the grill with my Smithfield Garlic & Herb Loin Filet. Grill for for 5 minutes per side. I love Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork. It’s something I buy a few times a month. I can cut open the package and just throw it on the grill. No other preparations are needed.
They have many different marinades to choose from so you can have different options for months. It’s nice to be gone all day and when you get home you’ll have a flavorful meal waiting and you didn’t have to do anything! Make sure to add it to your shopping list.
This salad will also go great with chicken so you can throw that on the grill too.
I pulled them both off the grill around the same time. While my pork was resting I made up the salad.
Ingredients for grilled pineapple fruit salad
- Pineapple– You need to slice up a fresh pineapple so the slices will be big enough to place on the grill.
- Red onion
- Lime juice
- Cilantro– I know a lot of people hate it or love it. We love it! I put about 1/3 of a bunch.
- Jalapeno– Optional, you could make this more of a salsa by adding a jalapeño.
How to make grilled pineapple salad
Slice core out of pineapple and cut into slices. Put on grill that’s set on med-high. Don’t cut too small or they will fall through the grates on your grill. Cook 5 minutes, flip and cook for another 5 minutes.
Add strawberries, onion, lime juice, and cilantro to bowl.
Once pineapple has cooked, pull off and cut into bite sized pieces. Mix with salad.
Serve immediately or store in refrigerator in airtight container.
More great recipes for your grill
- Grilled Potato Salad with Bacon
- London Broil Marinade
- Grilled Bacon and Red Onion Pizza
- Grilled Peppers and Zucchini
- Grilled Corn on the Cob
Grilled Pineapple Salad with Strawberries
- 1 pineapple fresh
- 8 oz strawberries chopped
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- lime juice splash
- 1/3 bunch cilantro chopped
- Slice core out of pineapple and into chucks. Put on grill that’s set on med-high. Don’t cut to small or they will fall through the grates on your grill.
- Cook 5 minutes, flip and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add strawberries, onion, lemon and lime juice, and cilantro to bowl.
- Once pineapple has cooked, just a few minutes on each side, pull of and cut into bite sized pieces. Mix with salad.
- Serve immediately or store in refrigerator in airtight container.
This was a great family meal. My kids ate all their salad and meat, which is sometimes tough to get them to do. Do you think your family would like this?