Having a baby? Here’s what you really need at the hospital
This post contains affiliate links.
I was browsing Pinterest today and reading some articles and came across one I thought was interesting: What you should pack for the hospital when you are having a baby? Since I have 3 kids, I figured that nothing on the list would be particularly surprising. Wrong! As I was reading this article, I was laughing…50 things to bring to the hospital, really? 50 things, you aren’t going on vacation–you’re having a baby and you’ll only be in the hospital for about 48 hours.
Here are just 3 items items that were on the list:
- extra bag– Are you really going to accumulate enough stuff to need an extra bag?
- family photos– Can you imagine walking into a hospital room and seeing a group of frames sitting next to the patient.
- takeout menus– Do you really need to research and gather up takeout menus? That’s what your husband is for. 🙂
Having a baby? Here’s what you really need at the hospital.
I decided I need to make my own list of items that were REALISTIC and what you really need while you are at the hospital.
- Slippers and/or socks– Many times you have to walk the halls to jump start labor. Slippers are good to have. You will have to get up to go to the bathroom too. My feet are always cold so I added in socks.
- Your cell phone and charger– You really aren’t packing your phone since you probably have it with you at all times, but don’t forget your charger. This is probably the item you’ll use the most. You can watch Netflix, call your friends, take pictures, FaceTime, text, and play games.
- Nursing bra or tank– I LOVE nursing tanks. I wore one under my clothes for each of my children every single day. The hospital supplies the gown so I never worried about bringing other pajamas or sweat pants because I didn’t want to get them messy. I loved being able to throw on my tank and take the gown off when I knew there would be no visitors. They are so comfortable and convinient when nursing. You also don’t feel totally exposed.
- Nipple cream– I used Lansinoh. I loved it and used it from the very beginning for all 3 babies.
- Toiletries– You’ll need toothpaste, toothbrush, shampoo, deodorent, soap, face wash, and other basic hygiene items to freshen up.
- A cute outfit for you to come home– Dresses are the best! So comfy when you are sore.
- A cute outfit for baby to come home
- This adorable hat– I had this hat packed in my bag. I didn’t know if I was having a girl or a boy so I was prepared in case it was a girl. I had 2 sons already. Isn’t it the cutest? All the nurses were asking about it. You can buy it at Tweetlebug Boutique. But you don’t have to buy it yet, since you could win one here. Just enter below!
Tweedlebug Boutique is nice enough to participate in a giveaway! We are going to give away 5 hats! I am so excited because these are the cutest hats ever and really make your new little girl (or niece, neighbor, granddaughter) special from the moment they are born. Don’t feel left out if you are having a boy, they have the most adorable hats for those little guys too! The winners will get to pick the hospital hat of their choice. Here are 3 of my favorite styles.
The contest will end on April 12 and I will be randomly selecting winners on April 13. There will be 5 winners, each winning one hat.
THIS GIVEAWAY IS ONLY OPEN TO US RESIDENTS, DUE TO SHIPPING. THANKS!