5 Things to Splurge on at the Grocery Store
This post contains affiliate links.
When I go to the grocery store there are some things I save money on. You can read about it here. My family doesn’t realize whether I’m buying the store brand or a more expensive, national brand. However, there are a few items that I learned are worth shelling out some extra money. Here are the 5 things I splurge on at the grocery store.
1. Pancake syrup– I don’t buy the regular pancake syrup. I made the switch to maple syrup and now I can never go back. First, it doesn’t have high fructose corn syrup, which I try to avoid. It is natural and not processed. I don’t even put sugar in my coffee anymore, I just use a few drops of maple syrup. I usually buy my maple syrup at Trader Joes and I pay $16.99 for the family-sized growler.
2. Toilet paper– Do I need to say anymore? I have tried switching to an off brand or less expensive brands, but my husband revolts.
3. Laundry detergent– Again, I tried to save money trying different brands when I had a coupon. I noticed that my clothes looked faded. Do I sound like a commercial?
4. Lotion– I have had miserably dry skin my entire life. If I was trapped on an island and could bring one thing, it would be lotion. I have tried almost every lotion there is. Even today, I keep trying to see if there is something cheaper that works and there never is. I still go back to the more expensive one. Sometimes in the summer I can get away using a less expensive one a few times a week, but this is something I never skimp on. Here is what I use.
5. Butter– This is one of my recent switches. I try to buy butter from grass fed cows. There are only 2 places I can find this near my house so I don’t stress out if I can’t get it. I noticed it was so flavorful and had a much richer taste. You actually don’t need as much when you butter toast because of it’s stronger flavor.
Everyone has their own list of things of “must haves” to buy. Comment below for some of your splurges.
You may also like these posts!