Bathroom Spring Cleaning- 10 things that most people forget!
I’ve been working on spring cleaning my house for over a month now. I’ve been slowly going room to room deep cleaning and getting organized. I love having boxes of trash and items to donate. I don’t know how I’ve accumulated so much stuff. This week I worked on the bathrooms while the kids were in school. They’re usually the last rooms I do because they are my least favorite. Here are a few of my bathroom spring cleaning tips.
This post may contain affiliate links.
Bathroom Spring Cleaning- 10 Things Most People Forget!
- Baseboards Go along the edges with a wet wash cloth and get off all the dust and hair that’s been accumulating. Check behind the door!
- Shower Head Look up when you’re showering. Do you see some areas where the water isn’t coming out or clogged. Time to clean it. Most shower heads you can take off. Scrub with a toothbrush to clean out the head. You can also soak with a vinegar/water solution to get it cleaned out.
- Shower Drain I had a removable plastic drain in my shower. It was looking disgusting. I replaced it with a metal one that I bought off Amazon. It makes it looks nicer and easy to clean. Take the time to lift it up and get all the mold and mildew off the rim.
- Faucets spouts Mold collects on the bottom of your faucet where the water comes out. Take time to use your old toothbrush and scrub it clean.
- Trashcans Take your bathroom trashcan, squirt it with some dish detergent and scrub it out with a scrub brush.
- Old lotions, soaps, and shampoos I don’t know how I get a ton of these! Some I keep “for an emergency” and I never use them. Just get rid of them. If you haven’t used it in a year, then you probably will never use it.
- Towels and washcloths Go through your towels and get rid of all the gross ones. I threw out some with bleach stains and frayed edges. If they are smelling bad you can get rid of that mildew smell.
- Bottom of your cabinets Take everything out of your cabinets under your sink. Get a washcloth and clean out the bottom. It can get covered with makeup, lotions, and other spills. Wash and dry it before you start adding everything back in.
- Shower curtain If you have a shower curtain, take it off and throw it in the washing machine. These can get covered with dust. Our shower and toilet are right next to each other in our children’s bathroom. I have 2 boys and somehow they manage to get pee on the shower curtain. It’s disgusting and I DO wash it often.
- Bath Toys Do your kids have a lot of little toys laying around. Clean those out too. Check out all the rubber ducks and other toys that squirt water. Those get yucky mold in them. Some of those I just throw away so I don’t have to mess with cleaning them. Most of the time my daughter never misses it. I like to throw our bath toys in the dishwasher to really get them clean.
Hope you are about done with your spring cleaning because I am and ready to enjoy the rest of spring and summer!
You may also like these posts.