This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PledgeReflectionOfYou #CollectiveBias
I sat down and looked around this week and realized my house is a wreck. The kids, being home all summer, have destroyed it. There is dirt in places I never imagined. I realized I have a lot of work to do during the next few weeks to get the house the way I like it. Here’s my back to school cleaning list of everything I neglected to clean this summer. I’m cleaning them now so I can get back into my regular cleaning routine.
Back to School Cleaning List
- Baseboards– I’m still not sure how these get so dirty. I’m dusting them good and getting off all the black marks.
- Walls– I see TONS of handprints. My kids have been playing American Ninja Warrior down our hall wall. I’m scrubbing them down with plain old soap and water.
- Dusting- Everything needs a good dusting. Period.
- Floors- Well…I’ve neglected all my hardwoods. They look awful.
- Kitchen counters– I’ve wiped down my counter, but I’m taking everything off and scrubbing the entire thing. Crumbs are everywhere.
- Stairs– My stairs are carpeted and have some stains. I’m getting out my attachments to the vacuum and really getting in the corners and creases.
- Plants– If you have real or fake plants you’ll need to clean the leaves. They get dusty too.
- Rugs– These have been vacuumed, but that’s about it. I’m taking them outside to air out and really cleaning under them.
- Table– How often do you look on your table legs? It’s pretty disgusting down there. Milk and food stains galore. I’m scrubbing those down and polishing with Pledge® to make it look nice. My husband and I can never agree on furniture and I love our dining and kitchen tables. We found them from an Amish furniture maker in Pennsylvania. When we saw it, we both said “yes” immediately and the makers drove it down to North Carolina in a little van. We need to keep them looking like new. I love them and they’re really special to me. We had to go four states away to find something we both loved and could agree on.
- Front Porch– You may not have a front porch, but what about the back? There are leaves, little toys, and juice stains all over my front porch. My rocking chairs are dirty, so I’m wiping them down and just might pull out the power washer.
The best part of this list is that I can basically clean everything with one product- Pledge®. The Pledge® Multi Surface Everyday Cleaner with Glade® Rainshower® cleans EVERYTHING! It cleans wood, stainless steel, leather, marble, granite, plastic and electronics. It’s awesome. It’s so much better than toting around a huge basket with different cleaners, one can and one rag! Look how shiny!
They also have Pledge® Lemon Wipes. These are really nice because I can keep it up in my bathroom drawer and can grab it quickly. It doesn’t take up any room at all and it still cleans almost EVERYTHING!
You can purchase both of these Pledge® products (and more) at Harris Teeter.
Now that your kids are back in school what is your major project? What major cleanup are you planning?