This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #EffortlessMeals #CollectiveBias
Football practice for my 2 boys has started and cheerleading for my daughter. Our carefree days of summer nights have ended and we are busy almost every night this week. I need to switch out my menu. During the school year I try to prepare meals while the kids are still at school so dinner can be made quick. I love the crockpot, but usually use it more as the weather gets colder! My family loves Mexican and it’s something all my kids like. This is a super fast meal with a Marketside Rotisserie Chicken from Walmart when you’re in a hurry.
- Rotisserie chicken from Walmart
- toppings- cheese, avocados, sour cream, jalapeño
- Debone the chicken- This takes the longest, maybe 5 minutes, and my husband normally does this.
- While he’s taking the chicken off the bone, I prepare the toppings. Slice up the avocados, grate the cheese, and set the table.
- Mix the chicken in 1 cup of your favorite salsa. This time we used red, but we LOVE the green too!
That’s it, We lay everything out on the table and the kids fix their own. It’s super fast and easy.
When I’m at Walmart, doing my normal grocery shopping, I pick up at Marketside rotisserie chicken. I love they are already cooked and I don’t have to heat up my house cooking a chicken for over an hour. It’s pretty easy to find at the front of the store, near the checkout. Mine was on sale too! SCORE! I also picked up a 2-liter Coke for me. 😉 They also have Marketside pizza which is also a quick and easy meal you can make when you’re in a hurry. My kids love those.
Friday 31st of July 2015
This was actually on my meal plan for the week since it is so easy! We just had Marketside pizza last night with a big salad and watermelon. For quick dinners we also love baked potato bar and taco salad. [client]
Tuesday 28th of July 2015
Never thought to use a pre made rotisserie chicken. You just saved my life! Going to be doing this!