This post was sponsored by P&G as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central. I received complimentary products to facilitate my review.
If you’re reading this, then you’re a busy mom! 🙂 I love hearing tips and tricks from my neighbors and friends that make their life easier and I always wonder why I never thought of that. Sometimes I hear some ideas and say, “Yeah, I need to do that.” or “I used to do that, but I’m not sure why I stopped.” Sometimes I feel like my life is a whirlwind with 3 kids all in sports, lessons, and homework. Here are a few things I do to save some time so I can fit everything in and still have FUN!
Time Savers for Busy Moms
- AutoPay Bills- This is great because your bills will never be late and you don’t have to take the time to write out a check or get online to send your payment in.
- Make a menu– If you don’t have a menu, your grocery shopping takes twice as long because you are zigzagging all over the store. I’ve done this many times and I always tell myself that I will never do it again.
- Make a grocery list– Take a few minutes before you leave for the grocery store to make a grocery list. The worst is preparing dinner and realizing you don’t have all the ingredients. It takes a lot of time to run out and get the missing item. I always keep a list in the notes section on my phone so I can just type it in where ever I am.
- Give a chore list to your kids– There’s not one reason your kids can’t help out around the house. Sometimes I look at my pile of laundry or dishes and feel so overwhelmed. Give those chores to your kids. They may not fold things perfectly, but they will never learn unless they have a chance to do it. They are apart of the family too and need to pitch in.
- Find easy meals. Here and here are some of our family favorite crockpot meals that take no time at all.
- Plan ahead and do things at night or early the next morning– I like doing things in the morning because after my kids go to bed, I’m done. I make sandwiches for lunch boxes for the week. I may start a load of laundry or unload the dishwasher. I LOVE lists. I like to make a list for the day or week while it’s quiet.
- Say, “NO!”– It’s okay to say no to things. My son is on a field trip right now and I wanted to get some things done before school let out for the summer. I said, NO!” to going along. You don’t have to plan the class party or host all the neighborhood kids for hours of Xbox.
- Never run out of essentials- It’s the worst to run out of toilet paper or laundry detergent. I always have these on hand. Don’t you LOVE Costco? It has everything. I could spend hours there.
I like to plan a trip once a week and pick up a few items. This trip I got Tide Advanced Power, Mr. Clean Magic Erasers, and Cascade Complete Action Pacs and some grapes to snack on. 🙂 Next week I’ll get a couple more items that we use. P&G has a ton of different household products at Costco so you can purchase them all in one place. 🙂
I have a feeling I’ll be doing a lot of laundry this summer. My neighborhood pool just opened and there is a never-ending pile of towels to wash ALREADY.
I have no idea what this is and I’m sure you have some issues like this at your house. My daughter LOVES these things and helps scrub up any stain in the house.
If you find yourself overwhelmed, just take a step back and think about one thing you could do that would save time.