Tips for a Stress Free Christmas
With the holidays coming up you’ll probably be very busy, shopping, decorating, cooking, volunteering, wrapping. Â The list is endless. Â There’s no need to get stressed out. Â Here are a few tips to get through the holiday with less stress.
- Enjoy doing all the things you doÂ Take time to enjoy doing all the tasks on your list. Â Make sure you are in the mindset to do whatever you are doing so you’ll be in a better mood.
- Shop at the right timeÂ I would say going shopping at the busiest days or time would raise your stress level. Â I don’t like going out and not being able to find a parking place. Â I don’t like going if it’s raining and you are having to walk a long way and it’s freezing. Â I love going to the stores when they start staying open later. Â I put the kids to bed and then go out with my list, go by Starbucks, grab and friend and enjoy some time when things aren’t as crowded.
- It’s OK not to get everything doneÂ If your list says you need to make 3 desserts and you can only find time for 2, then go buy something. Â You have to tell yourself that it’s fine and move on.
- Do things with a friendÂ Have a wrapping party or baking day where you can get together and do those things with someone else. Â Make something you don’t like a little more fun.
- Don’t rush Â If you know it takes 4 hours to get all your decorations out and completeÂ your decorating, but you only have 2 hours, that will stress you out. Â Tell yourself ahead of time that you know you won’t get everything done. Â Maybe you can wait until you have more time. Â Remember, when it comes to lights, you may have issues!! Â I only put away strings that are working, but every year I have some that don’t work.
- Don’t wait to the last minute Â Things happen and sometimes things pile up. Â Try your best to leave a couple of days to tie up the loose ends and do the last little things.
- Stay on task Â This is the hardest for me. Â I run out to Kohls to get Christmas outfits for the family, then I start shopping for gifts or new workout clothes and I’m there 3 hours. Â I may be looking for Christmas cookie cutters and realize I need to clean out my cabinets. Â Do what you you need to do first then do the other things.
Good luck and hope these reminders will help you have a great Christmas!
You may also like these posts.