5 Minute Chunky Salsa
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HuntsFreshTwists #CollectiveBias
My daughter is having a busy week, she’s turning 5 and graduating from preschool. I am so excited for her. We’re not having a “kid” party this year, we just had a few friends and neighbors over to celebrate this past weekend. She wanted to have a Frozen theme with Mexican food, her favorite type of food! The menu included tacos, guacamole and my 5 Minute Chunky Salsa. This worked out perfectly because I was at a baseball tournament all weekend so I didn’t have much time to prepare.
5 Minute Chucky Salsa
- 2 cans Hunt’s Fire Roasted diced tomatoes
- 1/2 orange or yellow pepper, diced small
- 1/2 small onion, diced small
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup Cilantro
- 3 cloves garlic
- jalepeno (to taste)
I love, love, love fire roasted tomatoes but I would never have the time to roast tomatoes myself. This recipe is great because you can make it ahead of time and keep in the refrigerator.
- Open your tomatoes and drain out most of the liquid. Pour into bowl.
- Dice 1/2 of the pepper and add to bowl
- Dice 1/2 of the onion and add to bowl
- Add 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Add 3 cloves garlic chopped. I used the kind in a jar. You can substitute garlic powder if needed.
- Finely chop 1 cup cilantro. Save a little for the garnish.
- Add salt and pepper
- (Optional) Chopped jalepeno to desired spiciness
Doesn’t this look so good??
9. Mix thoroughly and serve
We ate it as a dip and it tasted great on our tacos. It didn’t last long in our house! I’m sure you guys will love it too!
You may also like this post!