These caramel peanut clusters are always a favorite and don’t take long to complete. Make sure to add the ingredients to your shopping list.
My very favorite is peanuts and chocolate so this is the perfect recipe. If you have kids, you can put them to work on this easy recipe. They are the perfect snack when you need a sweet treat.
The weather is getting warm here in North Carolina and this a great way to get that chocolate craving satisfied without turning on the oven.
Caramel Peanut Clusters
Don’t these look delicious? This is a great recipe for every month of the year. They are great for the holidays and also a summer afternoon.
I’m allergic to eggs so my desserts and sweets have almost always been homemade and most of my dessert recipes on my website are eggless. Sometimes I’m not in the mood for cake or cookies and these peanut clusters are a great candy to make instead.
Ingredients for Peanut Clusters with Caramel
Chocolate chips– I like to use milk chocolate chips when I bake. That’s just my personal preference and you can use semisweet if that’s what you prefer.
Coconut oil– is important in getting the right consistency when you’re melting the chocolate. Don’t leave it out. It makes the chocolate melt smooth.
Mini Marshmallows– Make sure to use the mini ones!
Cocktail Peanuts– These are the easiest to find and perfect for this recipe. I like to use the salted peanuts, but that’s my personal preference.
Individually wrapped caramels– You’ll find these in the candy section of your grocery store. They are easier to find in the fall though. The stores usually put them out front and center during that time.
How to make Peanut Caramel Clusters
Grab your caramels and unwrap them. Place them on a baking sheet and bake for just a few minutes until the caramels have softened. Get two of the caramels and mash them together to flatten them and form a circle.
Add the chocolate chips, coconut oil and peanuts to a pot set on low. Stir until the chocolate has melted.
On a baking sheet with parchment paper, add the caramel circle, marshmallows and a scoop of peanuts and melted chocolate mixture. Repeat until all the ingredients are used up. Place in the refrigerator until the chocolate sets, at least an hour.
More recipes you’ll love
- Chocolate Hazelnut Fudge
- Smacos– This is one of my favorites during the summer months!
- Ice Cream Pretzel Bites– My daughter makes these a lot with her friends. They are super easy.
- Nutella Stuffed Strawberries
I have lots of great desserts on my site so make sure you take some time to look around. I also have some great dinners and our family’s favorite meal, breakfast!
Caramel Peanut Clusters
- 11.5 oz chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 ½ cups cocktail peanuts
- 11 oz package individually wrapped caramels
- Preheat oven to 250F.
- Unwrap caramels and place on a baking sheet. Cook for 4 minutes. The caramels should soften. Put two caramels together and flatten using your fingers. Repeat until all caramels have been used.
- Add chocolate chips, coconut oil, and peanuts to pot on low heat. Stir until chocolate has melted.
- Top the flattened caramel with 5 mini marshmallows then a spoonful of the chocolate mixture.
- Place in refrigerator until the chocolate has cooled and become hard.