It’s back to school time!! My kid have been back in school only a few days and I feel like they are eating so much more. They have come home and cleaned out my cabinets! I’m not sure what’s going on. I guess that since they are sitting in class and not moving around, then they realize they are hungry.
My kids always lose weight in the summer because they are more active, they can’t stop to eat! I decided to make them these Cheerio bars for their after school snack and I can put what’s left, if any, in their lunch boxes. You can make in less than 30 minutes.
This recipe is so yummy. Who doesn’t love marshmallows, chocolate, and Cheerios? We usually have Cheerios in our pantry for breakfast, so I had almost all the ingredients already. I love that it’s quick, easy and doesn’t make a huge mess to prepare.
After School Snack Cheerio Bars
- 1 stick butter
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 cups Cheerios (plain)
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 1/2 cups mini marshmallows (or a little more 🙂 )
- 1 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Set aside.
- Add melted butter to jelly roll pan (around 15″ x 10″). Make sure to cover the entire bottom.
- Sprinkle flour mixture into the pan, over the butter.
- Add next chocolate chips, marshmallows, and Cheerios.
- Pour the condensed milk evenly over the top
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Cool and cut into squares. Store in an airtight container.
In case you just skimmed over that recipe, you can watch a quick video here! 🙂