Make this easy salsa recipe with fresh tomatoes. It’s great for a healthy snack and only takes a few minutes.
I have 2 tomato plants this year and I have at least two dozen tomatoes on them! I am so excited, but I wasn’t planning on all these extra tomatoes. I normally get several a week from the farm where I belong to the CSA so I was feeling a little overwhelmed with them. I decided to make some FRESH homemade salsa with some of them. When I say Mexican is a family favorite, I mean it!
Garden Fresh Salsa
My kids love this recipe because it’s similar to a restaurant salsa. It’s smooth and not chunky. This can be used for dipping or in any recipe.
What kind of tomato to use in fresh salsa
There are a ton of different kinds of tomatoes out there and there is one kind that makes the best salsa and that’s Roma tomatoes. It’s firmer and not as watery. Other types of tomatoes could make your salsa runnier.
I can’t remember the name of the tomatoes I used when I took these pictures, but as you can see it’s not that watery. If yours turns out with more liquid than you prefer, then you can drain a little out.
Kitchen tools to make homemade salsa
Blender– I have had this blender for a long time and love it. It’s strong and blends quickly. It comes with individual drink cups to make smoothies. We use this blender almost every day and it’s held up very well and you can put it in the dishwasher.
Cutting Board Mats– I think I put this on almost every single recipe I post because I literally use them every day. These are one of my favorite things I have in the kitchen. They don’t take up much space so they’re easy to store. They’re easy to clean and great for adding ingredients to mixing bowls and hot pots.
If anyone can tell me why the tops of my tomatoes are doing this, I would greatly appreciate it! 🙂
Ingredients for Fresh Garden Salsa Recipe
- Tomatoes- Don’t forget to take off the stems.
- onion- Quarter your onion s before putting them into your blender.
- garlic- You can use fresh garlic cloves or jarred minced garlic. I use jarred garlic in almost all my recipes to save time so I already had it in the refrigerator.
- Lime Juice- You can use fresh lime juice or the lime juice in the bottle.
- Cilantro- Make sure to wash your cilantro well and I like to cut off the stems.
- Jalapeño pepper- seeds and all
How to make an easy homemade salsa recipe
This recipe is so easy. Just throw everything into your blender (Here’s the one I have) or food processor and mix. It literally took, a couple of minutes to make. Just blend until the cilantro is chopped up nicely.
More great recipes to try
- 3 Cheese Queso Dip– This is a very good recipe and goes great with this salsa.
- Chucky Salsa– I also have a recipe using canned tomatoes too. It’s great when you don’t have fresh tomatoes.
- Mediterranean Spread
- Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels
- Bacon Bombs
Reminder: It would be GREAT if you could leave any feedback in the comment section and give me a 5 star rating. I love it when people rate my recipes for other readers to help when they are looking for something new to make.
Grab some tortilla chips and enjoy!
Garden Fresh Salsa
- 5 Tomatoes Fresh
- 1 small onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 1-2 teaspoons salt
- 1 jalapeño pepper- seeds and all optional
- Add all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.