Sneak a few more veggies in your diet at breakfast or snack time with these eggless zucchini muffins. These muffins are so moist and delicious and you’ll have extra to freeze.
I’ve been in the baking mood lately and this is a great recipe! I plant a garden and always am trying to find zucchini recipes. They are so easy to grow and I always have a ton.
This muffin recipe is great because I can use them all up AND the kids love them. I usually double the recipe and freeze some.
These are also great because they are eggless! I’m allergic to eggs and most everything I bake is egg free. However, this recipe is NOT vegan. It contains dairy products.
Eggless Zucchini Muffins
These muffins are so delicious. I wouldn’t call them healthy though. They do have sugar and vegetable oil. However, if you need a snack, these will be a great alternative for cookies or a granola bar because you’ll be getting some veggies too.
This recipe makes more than other muffin recipes. It makes 24 so you can freeze half to save for later.
Tips to make eggless zucchini muffins
The batter will be thick and that’s normal. You won’t be able to pour it into the muffin cups. Spoon it in. I just use a measuring cup.
I highly recommend using silicone muffin liners for this recipe. Eggless baking has its challenges and one major one is baked goods tend to stick. These liners are a game-changer. The muffin peels right off with NO muffin stuck to it.
These muffins are great for freezing. I love taking half these muffins, wrapping them up air-tight and freezing. I usually use plastic wrap and gallon freezer bags for this.
Ingredients for egg free zucchini muffins
- Zucchinis- Make sure to shredd and peel these.
- All purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Greek yogurt- Make sure to get plain.
- Vanilla extract- I have a recipe to make homemade vanilla if you’re interested.
- Vegetable oil
How to make zucchini muffins without eggs
Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Use a nonstick spray on a regular-sized muffin pan or silicone muffin liners.
Combine your wet ingredients -sugar, oil, yogurt, and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Mix with a hand mixer until well combined (a couple of minutes).
Add in your dry ingredients -flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt and mix until blended.
Add the shredded zucchini and mix on low. The batter will be thick.
Fill up each muffin half way and bake for 25 minutes. Test with a toothpick and if the toothpick comes out clean, then the muffin is done.
More eggless recipes and eggless muffins!
I have a lot more eggless recipes here too. Here are my most popular ones. Make sure to check them out or save them for later.
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Blueberry Muffins
- Strawberry Streusel Muffins
- Oatmeal Cookies
- Mini Applesauce Muffins
Eggless Zucchini Muffins
- 2 medium sizes zucchinis (about 2 cups) peeled and shredded
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Use a nonstick spray on a regular sized muffin pan or silicon muffin liners.
- Combine sugar, oil, yogurt, and vanilla. Mix with a hand mixer until well combined (a couple of minutes).
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt and mix until blended.
- Add the shredded zucchini and mix on low. The batter will be thick.
- Fill up each muffin half way and bake for 25 minutes. Test with toothpick and if the toothpick comes out clean, then the muffin is done.
- The batter will thick and you won’t be able to pour it. You will have to spoon it into your muffin cups.
Enjoy and freeze any extras (if you have some)!