Baked brie with maple syrup is simple to make and baked in under 30 minutes. It’s a quick and easy appetizer that everyone loves.
I love anything with maple syrup. I live in North Carolina and my husband and I took our family on a two week vacation to New England and Canada. I bought local maple syrup from everywhere we went. I must have had 10 different containers. I even put it in my coffee instead of sugar.
So…I was trying to think of something I could make with maple syrup since it’s my absolute favorite and came up with this delicious recipe!
Baked Brie with Maple Syrup
Baked brie is a great appetizer that’s easy to make and inexpensive. I sometimes even make a meat and cheese board for a fun dinner and brie is always included! Warm brie cheese is the best, especially with the maple syrup! This recipe has only five ingredients and is full of flavor that’s sure to be a crowd pleaser.
Brie is a soft and creamy cheese that makes it perfect for baking. It has a mild taste and goes great with jams, maple syrup and honey.
Not all baked brie is wrapped in a puff pastry. In fact, they even make a brie baking dish for those kinds of recipes. Feel free to modify this recipe and leave out the puff pastry, but the pastry gives it a little something extra.
Most baked brie recipes have a natural sweetener and nuts, but I thought I would go a step further and add in the bacon because it goes great with the maple syrup.
I just used a serving platter I had at the house to put my cooked brie on. I had extra space around it so I decided to slice up some bread to place around it.
Kitchen Tools to make maple baked brie
Nut Chopper– You can buy walnuts that are already chopped for this recipe or you can chop them yourself. I love these nut choppers. I was always in charge of this when I was a kid.
Rimmed baking sheet– You don’t need a big baking sheet for this recipe, but I do recommend a rimmed one. I recommend a nonstick one for this too so your puff pastry will slide off onto your serving dish.
Air Fryer– This recipe calls for crispy bacon, but have you ever cooked bacon in an air fryer? Since I’ve got mine, it’s the only way I cook bacon. It’s so easy to do and no mess! This is the exact one I have and we use it almost every day for something.
Cheese Knives– If you plan to serve this dish at a party, then you need to have some cheese knives for serving. This is the perfect inexpensive set and they’re always good to have around.
Ingredients for Brie with Maple Syrup
- Brie- You’ll want to get the round brie cheese for this recipe. It’s in the deli section of my usual grocery store. However, I usually purchase mine from Aldi because it is such a great price there.
- Puff pastry- This is found near the biscuits and pie crusts in the cooler area of the store.
- Maple syrup- Make sure you use REAL maple syrup for this recipe.
- Bacon- The normal bacon you buy should work fine.
- Walnuts- You can substitute pecans in this recipe too. I normally have walnuts in my pantry so I used those. Pecans have a great fall flavor that will work well with this. Pecan baked brie sounds fantastic!!
How to make baked brie with puff pastry
Preheat the oven to 400F.
Cook bacon, drain, slice into small pieces and add maple syrup and stir well.
Place brie in the center of the puff pastry sheet. Pour maple syrup and bacon mixture on top, saving a little to place on top of the puff pastry.
Fold up the sides and press the edges together well. Don’t worry if it doesn’t look nice because you are going to add the extra walnuts and extra bacon to the top of the puff pastry now.
Place on a baking sheet and cook for 20-25 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.
Serve while warm with bread or crackers. You can see the photo below where I cut into it. The cheese just oozes out and is so good!
If you aren’t familiar with brie, then you need to know it does have a thin rind on the outside. It is totally edible and there is no need to remove it. Actually, you are supposed to eat it.
More recipes you’ll love
If you like fall food, then you’ll want to try some of these easy recipes.
- Pumpkin Pecan Dump Cake
- Gingersnap Dip– This is so good with apple slices!
- Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pecan Pralines– These are my very favorite fall dessert!!
- Slow Cooker Pork and Apples
Reminder: It would be GREAT if you could leave any feedback in the comment section and give me a 5 star rating. I love it when people rate my recipes for other readers to help when they are looking for something new to make.
Baked Brie with Maple Syrup
- 8 oz brie
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 6 slices bacon chopped
- 3 tablespoons walnuts chopped
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cook chopped bacon until crispy, drain, add maple syrup and mix.
- Place brie in center of the puff pastry sheet. Pour maple syrup/bacon mixture on top, saving a little to place on top of the puff pastry.
- Fold up the sides and press the edges together well.
- Add the extra walnuts and extra bacon to the top of the puff pastry.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.
- Serve while warm with bread or crackers.