This homemade chicken pho recipe is the best you’ll find. It tastes FANTASTIC and is great on a busy night. My family loves it and I’m sure yours will too.
I have to say CHICKEN PHO is one of my most favorite meals to get when I go out to eat. My husband wanted to eat out for lunch today, but since we are trying to save some money we ate at home. However, it really got me craving this dish.
Homemade Chicken Pho
It only has a few ingredients and I had them all at home already, I decided to try making it and it turned out AWESOME!! I’m sure you’ll love it. This fed my family of 5 and we have a 1 serving left over in the refrigerator that I’m sure we’re going to fight over tomorrow.
Kitchen Tools to make Vietnamese Noodle Soup
Cutting board mats– These are so easy to clean and use when cooking. You can bend them easily so that makes it easier to add ingredients to other bowls or pots and pans.
Ingredients for Easy Chicken Pho
- Chicken stock (Or use homemade. Here’s mine that I make.) I used homemade that I had in the freezer. You can use low sodium chicken broth if you prefer.
- Bone-in chicken thighs- I like thighs because I feel they are more flavorful, but you can use chicken breast too. You can also buy a whole chicken and eat half one night and use the rest for this recipe the next night.
- Thin rice noodles
- Toppings- cilantro ( I had some left over from the corn salsa I made the other night), lime juice, hoisin sauce, green onions, jalapeños
When I eat pho out at restaurants, it normally comes with bean sprouts. I personally don’t like bean sprouts so I didn’t put that in the ingredients list but you can also add that to your toppings.
How to make Chicken Pho
Bake chicken thighs for 50 minutes at 400F. Let cool and then take the chicken off the bone.
Heat broth in a pot. Add chicken.
Cook rice noodles according to the directions on the package. The directions on mine were to pour boiling water to cover the noodles and let them sit for 5 minutes.
Add all your toppings. I think this is the most important part, so don’t skimp out on these. Add a few drops of lime juice, a tablespoon or two of the hosin sauce, and green onions and jalapeños to taste!
Here’s a great hint! Plan your menu so you can have chicken one night and pho the next. Cook all your chicken at one time. The pho the next night will take only a few minutes!
To make this recipe even faster make there is an easy shortcut. You can purchase a rotisserie chicken and pull the chicken off the bone to add to your pho broth.
More recipes you’ll like
Reminder: It would be GREAT if you could leave any feedback in the comment section and rate my recipes for other readers that are looking for something new to make.
Easy Chicken Pho
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 5 bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 8.8 oz package thin rice noodles
- lime juice
- hoisin sauce
- green onions
- Bake chicken thighs for 50 minutes on 400F. Let cool and then take the chicken off the bone.
- Heat broth in a pot. Add chicken.
- Cook rice noodles according to the directions on the package. The directions on mine were to pour boiling water to cover the noodles and let them sit for 5 minutes.
- Add all your toppings. I think this is the most important part, so don't skimp out on these. Add a few drops of lime juice, a tablespoon or two of the hoisin sauce, and green onions and jalapeños to taste!