Movies your Elementary Kids will Love: Christmas Edition
There are a ton of Christmas movies out there, but there are some good ones for your older kids too. Here are some great Christmas movies for boys.
Christmas is coming soon and that means Christmas movies!! My kids are 5, 8, and 10. My 5 year old daughter will still watch the cartoon movies , but my older boys say they are babyish.
Here are their top Christmas movies that you need this season. You’ve got 6 more weekends until Christmas so pick some and enjoy. I love these because the entire family can enjoy them.
Here are some great gift guides for boys!
Here’s a fun Elf on the Shelf Idea Calendar too! This will make your December so much easier!
Christmas Movies for Boys
- Gremlins– Both my boys love this movie. My 5 year old had to hide her eyes a few times, but she enjoyed it too!
- Swiss Family Robinson– This is such a fun movie and everyone remembers when the boys come home and are singing “O Christmas Tree”.
- The Polar Express– Even though this is animated, my older boys still love it. Maybe that’s it’s more computer generated and looks a little different, it holds their attention. I love this movie on believing.
- The Santa Clause– This is one of my favorites on the list. I love how the main character goes through his transformation, just not physically, but mentally.
- A Christmas Story– The first time my older son watched this movie was the same year he got a bb gun. He thought it was hiliarious.
- Elf– I wasn’t sure if they would like this movie when we first watched it, but they were cracking up.
- Home Alone– My kids have loved this movie since they were little. It’s so fun to watch kids beat the bad guys. This link is to all three movies!
- Jack Frost– This one is sad, but a great story!
- It’s a Wonderful Life– Since this was in black and white, my kids were a little skeptical about this one, but they really did like it. It shows that everyone is important and special.