Movies your Elementary Kids will Love: Christmas Edition
This post contains affiliate links.
Christmas is coming soon and that means Christmas movies!! My kids are 5, 8, and 10. My 5 year old daughter will still watch the cartoon movies , but my older boys say they are babyish. Here are their top Christmas movies that you need this season. You’ve got 6 more weekends until Christmas so pick some and enjoy. I love these because the entire family can enjoy them.
Christmas Movies for Boys
- Gremlins– Both my boys love this movie. My 5 year old had to hide her eyes a few times, but she enjoyed it too!
- Swiss Family Robinson– This is such a fun movie and every remembers when the boys come home and are singing “O Christmas Tree”.
- The Polar Express– Even though this is animated, my older boys still love it. Maybe that’s it’s more computer generated and looks a little different, it holds their attention. I love this movie on believing.
- The Santa Clause– This is one of my favorites on the list. I love how the main character goes through his transformation, just not physically, but mentally.
- A Christmas Story– The first time my older son watched this movie was the same year he got a bb gun. He thought it was hiliarious.
- Elf– I wasn’t sure if they would like this movie when we first watched it, but they were cracking up.
- Home Alone– My kids have loved this movie since they were little. It’s so fun to watch kids beat the bad guys.
- Jack Frost– This one is sad, but a great story!
- It’s a Wonderful Life– Since this was in black and white, my kids were a little skeptical about this one, but they really did like it. It shows that everyone is important and special.
You may also like these posts.