Summer Boredom Busters
This shop has been compensated by Blog Meets Brand. All opinions are mine alone.
Summer is here and is full swing at my house. I have three kids ages, 5, 7, and 10. Even though the kids are signed up for VBS, camp, playing at a friends house, or swimming they still aren’t used to all the free time. We always have kids over at the house and they are playing inside and out. Here are a few tips to get by on these crazy days where they complain that they’re bored.
1. Movie Day We run to the library or Red Box and pick out a couple of new movies to watch on a rainy day or when they are getting a little crazy! some movie theaters offer “kid” movies for a reduced price too.
2. Cook My kids love to make things, so when they are getting a little rowdy and have had too much togetherness, I suggest cooking something. I can get at least 1 of them to help me. Usually we make something fun, cookies or muffins and then we all enjoy the finished product.
3. Wash the Car– Water and kids are a perfect combination. My kids can spend over an hour “washing” the car. It may not be perfect, but everyone is having a fun time.
4. Head to the Library Get a new book for them to read. My kids love going to the library and playing the on the computer there or just browsing the books. Sometimes they just need to get out of the house.
5. Paint Kids love to paint. I always have a bunch of watercolors around so when they are complaining there is “nothing to do”, I can grab them out of the drawer and they can do some art.
6. Sidewalk chalk Have your kids make the longest hop scotch board the neighborhood has ever seen! My kids also liked to be traced and then they can decorate themselves.
7. ICE CREAM!! This seems to solve all problems and today, July 19, is National Ice Cream Day! I love ice cream and so do my kids. We had some neighbors over and I started to hear arguing so I decided to break out my secret weapon, ice cream. I love these Snickers® and Twix® Ice Cream Bars. They are just the right size for a snack for a hot summer day. I also love the boxes! They aren’t bulky and fit in my freezer nice!
All the kids loved them and now everyone was happy! This was the perfect solution on this hot summer day! Mars Ice Cream also have other great flavors such as, Milky Way® Ice Cream Bars, Starburst® Sorbert Bars, M&M’s® Brand Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich, and DoveBar® Ice Cream Bars. You’ll have plenty to choose from.
What Mars Ice Cream flavor are you going to try? Twix® was my favorite!