This crock pot cheese grits recipe is the best side dish for any family dinner. Pull your slow cooker out and start making this delicious recipe.
Oh, I love cheese grits. I guess you do to because you clicked on this recipe! 🙂 I don’t usually eat these for breakfast, but for dinner! They are so yummy with pork or ham and this recipe for southern slow cooker cheese grits won’t disappoint. I grew up eating these and now I make them for my kids.
How to make Crock Pot Cheese Grits Recipe
Grits are a really good and inexpensive food. If you’ve never tried them, you’re missing out. They’re located in the breakfast section, near the oatmeal. I’m not a huge fan of plain grits, but cheesy grits are FANTASTIC.
Make them loaded and they are to die for! I love the taste that the pepper and Tabasco leaves. Mix in all those toppings in together and it’s delicious and filling.
I love using my slow cooker and get it out a few times a week. Most the time I cook the main part of my meal, the protein, in the crock pot, but this is a good side dish that you can throw in.
Ingredients to make Easy Crock Pot Cheese Grits
- Instant grits – NOT stone ground grits!
- Cheddar cheese- shredded- Sharp cheddar cheese works well.
- Salt and Black Pepper
- Tabasco sauce or the hot sauce of your choice
- Toppings- sliced green onions, cooked bacon crumbles, chopped tomatoes, extra shredded cheese
How to make Slow Cooker Cheese Grits
Spray slow cooker with cooking spray and add grits, buttermilk, cheese, salt, black pepper, water and Tabasco to slow cooker.
Cook on high for 2-3 hours or until there is no more liquid. You may want to stir occasionally.
Add cooked bacon, chopped tomatoes, green onions, and extra shredded cheese to top of this delicious recipe.
Add your bacon to the air fryer or cook it in the oven to make preparing this dish even easier.
More recipes you will enjoy.
- Regular cheese grits in the oven
- Garlic Parmesan Dinner Rolls
- The BEST Homemade Air Fryer French Fries
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- Grilled Corn on the Cob
Slow Cooker Loaded Cheese Grits
- 2 cups grits
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 4 cups water
- 5 shakes of Tabasco sauce
- Add grits, buttermilk, cheese, salt, pepper, water and Tabasco to slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 2-3 hours or until there is no more liquid.
- Add cooked bacon, chopped tomatoes, green onions, and extra shredded cheese to top of this delicious recipe.